Saturday, December 15, 2012

Santa vs Santa Cow

Last weekend, Matt was working for a few hours in the morning, and I wanted to do something fun with the girls. I heard about breakfast with Santa at an elementary school nearby, so I decided to bring them. I had already told Elise about it when I remembered that we had a tire that had a screw in it and was slowly going flat, which we were planning on getting fixed that afternoon. I decided to drive on it anyway.

The three of us rolled in with a deflating tire. I bought Elise a doughnut. She usually loves doughnuts, but she ate less than a third of it before she decided she was done. I can't have doughnuts because I can't have gluten, so that was a waste of a buck. Then we got in line to take a picture with Santa. And waited. For over an hour. With a two-year-old and a two-month-old. Elise pretty much just ran all over.
At one point Elise was playing right by me on a tetherball pole she had seen some older kids playing on (we were in the school's gym). I'm not sure how, but she managed to slice two of her fingers wide open on some part of the pole. She was bleeding all over when a nice woman came to the rescue with two bandaids. Her toddler daughter even gave Elise a hug to help her feel better.

We finally got to the front of the line, and Elise didn't like Santa. I guess I forgot to talk up the part about her sitting on his lap. She sat sort of near him, wouldn't look at the camera, and gave me a goofy grin.

the best picture I got from breakfast with Santa
She loved the mini candy cane Santa gave her, though. Later, in the car with her face all messy, she flashed me her best smile and looked right at the camera.

candy cane face
 Then today we went to Chick-fil-A for lunch, and this Santa cow was there. Elise loved it. Couldn't get enough. Didn't hesitate to sit on his lap, then gave me another great smile (which is a new thing, she has never really smiled at cameras until very recently).

Elise and Santa cow
I thought Santa cow was much creepier, but whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment