Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Full, Sunny Sunday

The weather was nice and mild today. It hasn't been so cold lately. And Elise looked so adorable in the tights Holly gave her; she got lots of compliments. Those were nice things about today. It was a busy, full, but fun day.
Elise was a handful at church, especially during sacrament meeting. She wanted to look at everything, but she was so, so tired. If I tried to rock her, though, she would cry. I sat outside with her for almost all of sacrament meeting after the sacrament had been passed. She probably just didn't get that well rested last night because we went to the Christmas party, and her naps were all messed up today too. Hopefully she catches up tonight.
After church we had tithing settlement. Then we brought dinner over to Joy and Alma Madsen's house. We all ate, then watched the First Presidency Christmas devotional, which is always nice. Then we had dessert. Joy had gotten vanilla ice cream and caramel topping for me because she knew I liked it. Their house was all decorated for Christmas. And Elise ate well there (as well as at the Christmas party last night and during church today). I think she's getting better at eating away from home. Yeah! It was a fun night. But I can't wait until tomorrow so Elise and I can just veg all day, doing tummy time and reading and letting her nap in her own crib. It will be a nice break after a busy weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment