Elise scratched herself in the eye at the beginning of her nap today around 4:30, probably while she was trying to suck her thumb. We called the doctor when she got up because she wouldn't open it. By 7:40, we were at the after-hours office for her appointment. The doctor put these drops in her eye that glow so the scratch would show up under the black light. There was quite a gouge out of her cornea right in the front of her left eye. And I cut her fingernails last night! Poor kid. We had to take her out into the cold to bring her to the doctor, her eye was hurting so much she couldn't open it, and she was due to eat right about the time of her appointment so she was hungry too. Then the doctor put the drops in her eye, I fed her in an empty exam room (she really doesn't like eating away from home), and she fell asleep in her car seat while we were waiting for her prescription to be filled. We took her home, and she cried the whole time I changed her diaper and clothes. She threw up all over Matt right after we had given her Tylenol because the Nystatin medicine she takes for the thrush upsets her stomach. I had to change her again while Matt changed. Then we had to give her the eye drops. All in all, a rough night for Elise. I want to swaddle her because she keeps wanting to rub her eye (and she is not very coordinated yet, so I'm afraid she'll scratch it again), but I can't swaddle her or she won't be able to soothe herself tonight, and she won't be able to sleep. Right now I'm holding her as she sleeps and I try to figure out what to do. What a night!
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving! I'm just thankful Matt will be home to help take care of Elise.
Oh, and the blizzard? It never got this far. There isn't much snow, and it's just really cold out.
No comments:
Post a Comment