Saturday, November 13, 2010

I Should Really Get Some Inhibitions.

So, I went to my friend Joy's baby shower today. For some reason, I feel absolutely no awkwardness about anything surrounding having babies. To make a long story short, I found myself telling a group of strangers all about Montgomery glands, which are found on the areola, and how they put off the smell of your uterus. I didn't even realize how awkward that was until Joy laughingly brought it up later. Where are inhibitions when you need 'em?
Anyway, the baby shower was a lot of fun. Hopefully the other girls didn't think I was a freak (but maybe that's a vain hope after what I said). Elise came with me, and she was really good. Another girl there had twins, a boy and a girl, who are also about 2 months old (but they were at home with their dad). She commented on how great Elise can hold up her head. What can I say? I'm really proud of her. She does have some mad skills.
I also took Elise to the ward Thanksgiving dinner activity. Matt is working late again tonight, so he couldn't go. I brought Elise, and we pretty much stayed just long enough for me to eat a free dinner. Yeah, I'm pretty cheap. Truthfully though, Elise needed to eat and get a good nap, so that's why we left so early.
All in all, a pretty good day. Hopefully Joy and I can still be friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment